How to backup PostgreSQL database in windows
I almost lost a 3.4 Million worth of client data because I was not making proper PostgreSQL backups regularly! This was as a result of not knowing exactly how to do it. So I had to learn a simple way to do a backup of my PostgreSQL. And in this short tutorial I will show you how to backup PostgreSQL database in windows using Pg Admin.
How to backup PostgreSQL Database in Windows using PgAdmin
- Open PgAdmin and Login to your Server
- Right click on the database you want to backup and select backup as shown below
- Click on the browse button with the dots
- Select a location where to dump the database backup and give a name to your backup file. Click save
- Under the Format drop down choose Tar as shown below. Leave everything else as default.
- Click on backup button to backup your PostgreSQL database. When the process completes click on done.
- Database Backup File
Now you are safe. In the next tutorial I will show you how to restore the PostgreSQL backup you have just made.