How to increase C drive partition space?
Why do you need to increase your C drive space?
As we continue installing new applications into the Windows system, the space continues to reduce and one day you may find the system partition (C: drive) does not have enough free disk space, and every time when the system starts, Windows always displays the low disk space warning as: “You are running out of disk space on Local Disk (C:). To free space on this drive by deleting old or unnecessary files, click here…”
Normally the performance of the system is drastically reduced since there is no enough resource for the computer programs to run properly. In this case, we have to delete the old or unnecessary files to get more free space in order to ensure the normal operations of Windows system. However the space which is normally recovered is too little and will soon again run out.
How to increase C drive space?
There are several ways on how to increase your C drive space:
- Using built in Disk Management Tool
- Using the Diskpart Command
- Using 3rd partity Disk Partition Tools. My favorite tool is the free version of EaseUS Partition Master
Increase C drive space with EaseUS Partition Master.
- Download EaseUs Partition Master
Install EaseUs Partition Master
- Run the setup as administrator.Click ok
- Click Next
- Read the License Terms and Accept
- Select destination location. Select where you want to install. Leave default unless you want to change.
- Uncheck the ‘Install EaseUs Todo Backup Free‘ check box
- Join our news letter service. Type your name and email or leave blank.Click Next
- Let the installation run to finish
- Click Finish
- Run EaseUS Partition Master Free Edition, launch EaseUS by clicking on the Launch Application button
- Use “Resize/Move partition” on the main screen to shrink partition E: to make unallocated space for partition C. Click ok. Then Ccick on E and drag E to the end.
- Increase C: drive with “Resize/Move partition” function.
- Notice my C partition space has now increased to above 500 GB. Click ok.
- Click on the Apply button to apply your changes. Your computer will have to reboot. And it might take sometimes depending on your computer data movement. Make sure you have uninterrupted power supply during the operations.
Hope the article has helped you out. Good luck