How To Pay Your KPLC Electricity Bill via Mpesa KPLC Paybill Number 888 888
So have you checked your KPLC bill? And now you want to pay for your monthly electricity consumption? Then your are at the right place. You can use KPLC Paybill Number 888888 to do this as shown in this post.
For those of you who are using the new KPLC Prepaid meters you can check this blog post on How To Buy KPLC Tokens.
Unlike a few years ago,where you had to queue for long hours just to pay for your electricity bill, KPLC has introduced various ways on how you can easily pay for your KPLC bill at the comfort of your home. This is as a result of KPLC investing more on technology in order to improve their monthly revenue collection and improve customer their experience.
Follow the steps below to pay for you Kenya Power or KPLC Electricity Bill.
- Go to your phone menu and open the Safaricom Icon
- Choose Mpesa
- Select Payment Services or Lipa Na Mpesa
- Select Pay Bill
- Enter Business Number 888888
- Enter your KPLC Account Number in full e.g 123456-01
- Enter the Amount you want to pay
- Enter your MPESA PIN
- Click OK to confirm your transaction
Before you confirm your transaction, make sure that you have input the correct information. It is important to note that it takes 48 hours for Kenya Power to update your account. Therefore you need to pay at least 2 days before your due date to avoid power disconnection by Kenya Power.
There are other various ways of paying for your KPLC bill. Although some are not very popular.
- Paying your Electricity Bill with Airtel Money (Airtel)
- Cash Payment
- Postal Corporation of Kenya
- ATM Payments
- Bank Payments
- Cheque Payments
- Bill Payment Through M-Banking